Now that water service is being restored to the City of Meadow Lake and Flying Dust First Nation, services and activities at Meadow Lake Hospital/Northwest Health Facility, Northland Pioneers Lodge and the Meadow Lake Clinic/Primary Health Centre are expected to begin returning to normal the morning of March 6, 2014.
Visiting and service restrictions will remain in effect at the hospital and Lodge until Thursday morning, as the City works to re-pressurize the water system.
City officials advised the community that the system was turned back on around 2:00 this afternoon, however, the water system will take several hours to re-pressurize. During this period, the community is advised to avoid running the water until at least around 9:00 tonight.
Prairie North Regional Health Authority will comply with this request by continuing to restrict water system usage in our Meadow Lake facilities until 9 p.m. March 5, 2014, barring any setbacks with the system and further notification from the City.
A PRECAUTIONARY DRINKING WATER (BOIL WATER) ADVISORY IS IN PLACE AND WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE for the City of Meadow Lake and Flying Dust First Nation.
Precautions around usage of tap water will be followed at Meadow Lake Hospital/Northwest Health Facility, Northland Pioneers Lodge, Meadow Lake Clinic, until provincial laboratory tests determine the water is safe for human consumption.
To ensure the safety of our patients, residents, and health care providers, as well as appropriate infection prevention and control, and the safety of our community, Prairie North is continuing to restrict access this evening and overnight to several of its services and facilities in Meadow Lake:
- Individuals are asked to limit their use of the Meadow Lake Hospital emergency department for true emergencies only.
- Visiting restrictions remain in place at Meadow Lake Hospital and Northland Pioneers Lodge.
- If you were planning to come to the hospital or Lodge for a general visit to a family member or friend, please reschedule your visit until water service is restored.
- If you are a family member or friend who regularly provides support to your loved one, you may still come to the hospital or Lodge to do so.
- If your visit is urgent or for a palliative patient, you may still visit. Please check with the nurse or manager in charge.
- Laboratory and Medical Imaging services are available only to emergency cases and patients in hospital.
- Surgical services are restricted to emergencies only.
- Maternity cases are being referred on, unless delivery is imminent or emergent.
Laboratory and Medical Imaging services are expected to re-open to outpatients at their regular times Thursday morning.
Public Health Nursing, Speech Language services, physiotherapy, and occupational therapy services that visit Meadow Lake Hospital, Mental Health and Addiction Services, Home Care services at Northwest Health Facility, and social and recreational activities at Northland Pioneers Lodge are to begin returning to regular service Thursday morning March 6.
Please contact the program or facility with any questions you may have about the resumption of appointments or services.
- The Meadow Lake Clinic/Primary Health Centre will continue to see patients by appointment. Please call ahead.
In addition, Prairie North's Public Health Inspectors will continue working in the community to ensure public safety.
Information about precautions to be taken by all households until the Precautionary Drinking Water Advisory is lifted is attached to this Public Advisory.
For a printable version of this UPDATED Public Advisory, click here.
Precautions to be Taken by All Households during a Precautionary Drinking Water (Boil Water) Advisory