Prairie North Health Region’s improvements in tracking, preventing, and controlling infections within our healthcare facilities was the main topic discussed at the monthly public Prairie North Regional Health Authority’s board of directors meeting in North Battleford on April 25.
Highlights from the Infection Prevention and Control team's 2011 summary report show great progress being made throughout Prairie North:
- Renewed focus and resources dedicated solely to improving hand hygiene;
- Development of a ‘Be a Good Visitor' pamphlet that helps the public understand their role in preventing and controlling illnesses – the information can be found on www.pnrha.ca under the ‘Visiting our facilities' quick link;
- New standardized colour signage used throughout our Region that indicate various precaution levels;
- Regional standardized training for dietary staff implemented, and progress towards standardized regional housekeeping policies continues.
Regional Infection Control Coordinator Jodi Rutley told Board members that the key to continuous improvement in infection prevention and control is to make it a part of the organization's culture and way of thinking. “Every thing we do in our Region needs to include infection prevention and control,” she said. “It's everyone's job.”
Infection prevention and control is a part of Prairie North Health Region's better care planning pillar.
Saskatchewan's Ministry of Health is calling on residents with skills and experience relevant to the governance of organizations to indicate their willingness to serve on their regional health authority board. Visit www.health.gov.sk.ca/board-member to review the eligibility criteria and download a Declaration of Interest form. Forms must be submitted by May 8.
Upcoming public meetings:
- May 30: Meadow Lake, Northwest Health Facility
- June 27: North Battleford, Battlefords Union Hospital
- August 29: Lloydminster, Lloydminster Hospital
Minutes from previous Board meetings can be found at http://www.pnrha.ca/, under About PNHR > Governance / Board of Directors > PNRHA Board Minutes.
For more information or to arrange interviews, contact:
Kerilyn Voigt, PNHR Communications Officer
306-446-6002 | email@example.com