Get active! Exercise, even in small doses, can provide a great boost to a patient's health! In fact, exercise is one of the best therapies to treat individuals who live with a number of health conditions, because exercise treats so many issues all at the same time!
Who Is it For?
Exercise Therapy is for anyone looking to improve their health through increased exercise. Clients may include individuals with the following conditions:
- Heart attack/stent/bypass
- Heart valve replacement/pacemakers
- Lung disease (COPD/asthma/etc.)
- Arthritis/fibromyalgia/muscle Injuries
- Mental Health conditions (depression/anxiety/PTSD/etc.)
- Sleep problems
Clients may also include Individuals who are interested in preventing health conditions in the future.
Schedule and Location:
An exercise therapist is available to meet individuals for home exercise programs, and also provides exercise programming at Prairie North Health Region's Strides group exercise program.
A typical visit with the exercise therapist lasts about 1 hour and includes:
- Health screening
- Questions on your current level of activity, prior exercise habits, and what types of exercise you are interested in doing
- Exercise planning – the exercise therapist will work with the client to create an exercise plan that fits his/her interests, abilities, and time demands
- The client may need to perform some exercises in short bouts to make sure he/she knows how to do them with proper technique
The exercise therapist will also schedule a follow-up appointment or phone call to survey your exercise habits. Exercise follow-up is typically 4-6 weeks after the initial appointment.
Do You Need a Referral?
No. You can refer yourself to the program or you can be referred by your physician or other health care professional.
306-446-6422 for appointment bookings or further information.